I thought I had the same problem but it rely was 2 o'clock am. :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 2:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: weird clock problem

On 03-Jan-2002 guy keren wrote:
> On 3 Jan 2002, Erez Doron wrote:
>
>> it is not a timezone problem as i dontpdate time.apple.com and it
>> sets
I don't agree - I had a similar problem after using the GUI tools on KDE
to set my clock. After setting the time from the command line (BE
KOACH), the problem disappeared

>> the time just change for no reson (and i do not have ntpd running),
>> without rebooting !!!, and in multiples of 2 hours !!!
The multiples of 2 hours (exactly what I had) have something to do with
the two hour difference between Israel time and GMT - although I can't
explain why. A further proof that this IS a timezone problem.

maybe someone else can verify or explain my conclusions.

Shlomo Solomon
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://come.to/shlomo.solomon
Date: 04-Jan-2002   Time: 00:36:11

Message sent by XFMail on a LINUX Mandrake 8.1 machine