Hi Elchanan.
All you need in order to connect to IRC and join our channel is an
IRC client. You can use BitchX if you're used to working in console
mode, or X-chat if you're usually using X. after you fetch one of
those applications, connect to the irc.openprojects.net server,
and join the #linux-il channel. X-chat is a GUI based app, and by
nature far more convinient to use for people that are unfamiliar with
IRC. So you should probably get that. If you still can't connect,
post again.

Amir Sela.