On 19 May 2002, Moshe Zadka wrote:

> On Sun, 19 May 2002, Uri Bruck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The Hebrew alphabet also remained pretty much constant for the last 2K
> > years, and is flexible enough to serve well three languages
>
> No, it remained dead and nobody used it in day to day.
This is false. You simply do not know the history of the Hebrew language
and the Hebrew alphabet. Hebrew was never dead. It was used among Jewish
communities. Nikud came into use during the 9th-10th cent. You think
anyone would have bothered inventing it for a dead alphabet?
And the Hebrew alphbet also serves Yiddish and Ladino, quite creatively.

I'm a language professional, and you might do well not to post nonesense
about things you know nothing about.

> There are many good alternatives. Why not rally behind one of those
Computers are supposed to serve us, not the other way around.

--
Thanks,
Uri