On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 16:33, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed that my linux server was unable to connect to some remote smtp
> server. Simple 'telnet remoteserver 25' gives a timeout (no connection
> seems to be established). When I try to connect from some windows
> workstation I have no problem.
>
> The server's kernel is 2.4.8 (Mandrake 8.1 w/updates). I recall some
> issues of linux 2.4 with some TOS features, but I can't find any pointers
> to that after browsing the HOWTOs and a web search.

Try to disable ECN with it is enabled. Try to lower the MTU. If this
doesn't work send tcpdumps of a Windows machine and the Linux server
connectiong and maybe we can see the problems

Gilad.
--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Code mangler, senior coffee drinker and VP SIGSEGV

"A billion flies _can_ be wrong - I'd rather eat lamb chops than shit."
        -- Linus Torvalds on lkml