On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 16:25, Orr Dunkelman wrote:

> I've been encountering a very strange problem lately. Under .il.eu.org
> there are sevreal domains (like linuxclub.il.eu.org).
>
> Sometimes, one of the domains there is unaccessible. however, this is a
> partial unaccessbility. (weird, told you!):
> A) Not all the pages I tried to access get the DNS error message.
[description of DNS mysterious ehaviour snipped]

> Anyone might have an idea, what the hell is going here?
> The DNS entry is just fine, becuase nslookup gives the right IP...

One thing that may or may not be it: I have noticed on several occasions
in the past then if you have a caching DNS server on the local network
(read bind) and you lose upstream network connectivity (router down
etc.) sometimes the described behviour may be observed in that DNS
server clients until one restart the name server.

Gilad.

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Code mangler, senior coffee drinker and VP SIGSEGV

"You got an EMP device in the server room? That is so cool."
      -- from a hackers-il thread on paranoia