Hi everyone,

Sorry for being off-topic.

I want the X screen saver to not respond to mouse events (in other words,
to make the monitor stay off when I accidentally hit the table :-) )

I couldn't find any documented way to do that. I looked a bit at the
source, and I think the main point to look at is in the function
ProcessPointerEvent in xc/programs/Xserver/dix/events.c, maybe adding
some condition before calling NoticeTime.

Am I far off? Is there a way to do that without changing source? I don't
mind to do it not in the server, e.g. it might be possible that xlock
(or xscreensaver or such) will force the monitor off and wait only to
keyboard events before forcing on, without using the server's stuff for
screen saver.

Thanks,
        Didi