On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:17:17AM +0200, Ishai Parasol wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im Kvar Be-postfix queue Askinan...
> I use it as my smtp server and when I send an email it stays in the queue
> for one or two seconds, but sometimes it can stay there for 10-20 minutes.
> Why does it happen, what cause the long delay ?

The other side's mail server is not answering connections? Your
connectivity is down? postfix is out for a coffee break?

tail -f /var/log/maillog. postfix is quite verbose and you should be
able to see the outgoing email with the reason why it hasn't been sent
yet.

also, mailq(1) will tell you if an email is deferred, and why, if I
remember correctly.
--
calm down, it's *only* ones and zeros.

http://syscalltrack.sf.net/