On Fri, Oct 04, 2002, voguemaster wrote about "Re: xmms rh8":
> Honestly I don't quite get it.
> How can they break such a behaviour or supported feature of the system ??
>
> RH at previous versions could play mp3 easily, now you can't use XMMS ??????????
> This makes me think twice about this release..

Yes, this was a really "chicken" move from Redhat.

But since the fact that their xmms does not support mp3 was well-publicised,
I just made sure that during the upgrade of my computer from 7.3 to 8.0
the "xmms" package will not be updated, so I still have mp3 support :)
During an update Redhat does not remove old packages that are not overriden
by new ones, so in addition to the old xmms package, I still have the
mpg321 package.

Another thing that I was disappointed to see Redhat not providing with
their distribution any more was the immortal game "xbill" :(

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Friday, Oct 4 2002, 29 Tishri 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Earth First! We can strip-mine the other