Hi,

Assume file q.txt contains one line with the text
        A = $a
and I want to read this file in a perl script and substitute the value of $a
for '$a' without using a s/\$a/$a/g construct. Can I do that? It should be
understood that the value of $a is set in the script, not in the text file.
This is useful for creating localizable error messages that contain runtime
information.

Thanks,

Arie Folger
--
It is absurd to seek to give an account of the matter to a man
who cannot himself give an account of anything; for insofar as