On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Oleg Kobets wrote:

> No, there is what is called Synchronous ADSL. Both streams can go as far as
> 12Mbps (I think), but Bezeq using the Asynchronous one.

i think you're refering to Synchronous DSL (SDSL). the 'A' in ADSL stands
for Asynchronous.

there are also other types of DSL protocols (VDSL, for example) which are
not yet used in israel - some of these are probably in use abroad (SDSL is
in use in the united states, as a replacement for frame-relay and
fractional T1 technologies).

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,