why if it shows that the drive has dma support I get permission deny
when setting it with -d1 ?

  # hdparm -I  /dev/cdrom

/dev/cdrom:

ATAPI CD-ROM, with removable media
        Model Number:           CREATIVEDVD6630E
        Serial Number:
        Firmware Revision:      b13A
Standards:
Configuration:
        DRQ response: 50us.
        Packet size: 12 bytes
Capabilities:
        LBA, IORDY(can be disabled)
        DMA: sdma0 sdma1 sdma2 mdma0 mdma1 *mdma2
             Cycle time: min=120ns recommended=120ns
        PIO: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
             Cycle time: no flow control=120ns  IORDY flow control=120ns
--
QOTD:
        "I tried buying a goat instead of a lawn tractor; had to return