In a continuation to the office suit launch speed discussion it might be
interesting to look at the following thread from debian-user. The URL is
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200211/subject.html
and one should look for `[OT] Moving away from KDE to what?'.
  I am aware to the fact that due to the Hebrew thing we need
{KDE,GNOME} much more then US users. I also didn't check whether they
were discussing KDE2 or KDE3.

While on this subject, is it true that GUI is more integrated into Win
kernel then the Linux kernel? Another side of the same coin is that
maybe X is much more {big,bloated} then Win.

  For those who want the URL summarized, here is the first message on
that thread:

--

    Shaul Karl, [EMAIL PROTECTED] e t