On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Oleg Kobets wrote:

> Umm, I am paying ~39$ = 225NIS (vat included) for 1.5m at Actcom. I also got
> static IP free of charge :-)

you can also pay for a year in advance, and get a discount (the discounted
price is around 33$ a month, on average, for the said account). the
discount is higher then the interest rate you can get on most types of
savings (around 18%) - so its better to pay in advance (if you have the
money, ofcourse) then to put the money in the bank during that time -
unless you expect one of:

1. an average drop in the price of the dollar of arond 15% for that year.

2. a drop in the price of similar services over this year in a similar
   ammount.

3. a drop in the actually conection speed during this year, that'll make
   you want to switch providers.

i've paid this yearly price for the 2nd time, a few month back.
just for general info - i'm using actcom's services not just because on
economical reasons. i used to work there several years back.

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,