On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 10:59, Michael Sternberg wrote:

> I've noticed in `ps` output that one particular
> process is shown only until its last slash, i.e.
> instead of /opt/BOS/test.out its /opt/BOS
> I've checked in its /proc/xxx directory and
> in "cmdline" there is a '\0' in place of last
> slash !!
>
> I'm using 2.4.18 kernel and latest BusyBox.
>
> Who is responsible for updating appropriate
> /proc directory when a process starts ?

The cmdline proc entry comes from the ps->comm value from the kernel
struct task which gets initialized  by the argv[0] parameter to exec and
friends. In short - it's the application (or whatever spawned it) fault.
To see that this is indeed so strace whatever processes spawns the
"buggy" one one and see what are the exact parameters passed.

Cheers,
Gilad.

--
 Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>