It does #2 and #5 as well. Just enabling font embedding is not
enough--you have to make the Hebrew fonts available to GhostScript.

Here is the relevant stuff from one of my previous posts:

1. Look at the Fonts-HOWTO. Note that the instructions in the
Fonts-HOWTO (specifically,this page--
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Font-HOWTO/x346.html) are for an outdated
version of ttf2pt1. The line in the Perl script that reads:

   open ( R, "sh -c \"ttf2pt1 -A $fontname - 2>/dev/null\" |" );

Should be changed to:

      open ( R, "sh -c \"ttf2pt1 -GAf $fontname - \" |" );

If it doesn't work, make sure that you have ttf2pt1.

2. In my installation (gs 7.05.5 on Gentoo 1.2), the GhostScript Fontmap
file is not in the GhostScript search path. (The last few lines of
output from gs -h tell you what the search path is.) I moved Fontmap to
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts (which IS in the search path). Now when I
do gs prfont.ps, and then /ArialMT DoFont (at the GS prompt), it shows
me the contents of arial.ttf. So far, so good.

3. Enable font embedding in the KWord print dialog (actually, you have
to click the Options button and enable it in the Options dialog).

HTH,

Martin Polley
Technical Communicator
http://www.surf-com.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: (+972) (4) 9095-732
Mobile: (053) 864-280
ICQ 15617901

Hlade's Law: If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person.
They will find an easier way to do it.