On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:01:37PM +0200, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:

>    Hi All
>

>    Is  there  a way that samba will store a Hebrew file name that will be
>    accessible  using  direct  access  (  with  correct name ), I mean not
>    through the smbmount ?

I think samba 3 will support saving filenames in UTF-8.
For 2.2, it gets from windows a CP862 (DOS) filename, that can be
translated to other things with various methods (e.g. recode, tr, iconv).

Samba can do this translation for you, but not for Hebrew.
I wrote a small patch that does that for hebrew. It's against 2.2.2,
and will probably work against newer 2.2 (I haven't tried).
You can find it in <http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~didi>.

        Didi