Hi,

I am puzzled. I am using the latest RH stable mozilla (1.0.1-26), and noticed
that dynamic (php) pages that are encoded in utf-8 (including the correct
meta tag) are recognized as such by konqueror, but not by mozilla.

However, if I save the page, and then view it with mozilla, the thing is
displayed properly.

Which leads me to believe that either php or apache (version 2) sends out an
xml header that specifies the character set as iso-8859-1, and that such a
header is only sent out for dynamic documents (hence my suspicion that php is
guilty), and that the difference between konqueror and mozilla is what header
they each give greater priority to.

Anyway, I tried to find the myserious header as you can see below, but see
nothing unusual:
[afolger@localhost html]$ php index.php

<head>
<title>Pokeach Ivrim </title>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
===== OUTPUT TRUNCATED =====

I also tested with iso-8859-8-i static documents, and not surprisingly
everything works. I have not yet tested mozilla with dynamic iso-8859-8-i
documents, so I am not sure about that.

I also used a simple cgi script in perl that echoes back the content of a
form, and in that case, utf-8 was set properly, which kind of eliminates the
apache theory. (script is attached)

So is it Apache that sends out nasty stuff? php? mozilla is allergic to php?
Any help?

Arie
--
It is absurd to seek to give an account of the matter to a man
who cannot himself give an account of anything; for insofar as