On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Boulgakov Andrei wrote:

> It doesn't matter __FILE__ : when I change it to "Hello, World" it doesn't
> print on speedy machine and print on slow machine! Something with time
> slice?

someone said here something about the some shells 'eating' out the last
printed line, if it has no new-line at its end.

try running this program under different shells. for example, run 'tcsh',
and then run the program, and see what you get. do the same with 'bash'.
see what you come up with.

also, your prompt might cause the shell to overwrite the string, if it
contains a control character that makes the shell print backspaces (or a
'move to line's front' symbol).

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,