Alex Chudnovsky wrote:

Can you provide details of your Windows connection? Not username and password, but VPN server name? Is it PPTP or L2TP? Windows XP supports both, L2TP support in Linux is not so strong yet.

VPN: pns.inter.net.il

And why? What is their exact answer, "It's impossible" or "We don't know if it's possible"? I'm inclined to think it's actually the second.

It does *not* work. Not that they are such a linux gurus...

Netvision proclaim they do support Linux for the connection phase, so you may try them.But - no support if you've got e.g. problems with e-mail while in Linux, even if the problem is theirs. In this part, their support guys are "script monkeys", except their Linux guys. I tried to call them once because of a NNTP problem. "We don't support Linux". "Ok, I'm booting to Windows... it's the same problem here". "I don't know, I can easily connect from my station here at work." "Can I talk to some Linux guy?" "Yes, wait a bit"... To Linux guy it took exactly half a minute : "Let me clarify that... Yes, we know of this problem, it's because of our maintenance works. Try to connect in an hour".

That happen frequently ?