Hi all, I hope any of you can help...

I use mandrake. I'm programming something in java that needs to get input in
hebrew.What happens is strange:

Say I use, for example, a JtextField or JTextArea. I set the font, the default
locale... everything supports hebrew. more over, I also do "setText" and put
in unicode ("\u05d1\u05d2\u202c..."). When running I see the text in hebrew
displayed in the text input field with no problem. However, when typing
hebrew in the same field I see squares. When I type hebrew in other non java
applications it works.

it looks like Java doesn't map the key typed correctly?

in windows I have no problem with it....

I should mention I use linux with sdk1.4.1...

Shai