On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:

> I have rather strange problem with routing on Linux. The host in question
> is 2.2.19. It is connected to Frame Relay and ADSL (eth0 and ppp0
> interfaces, accordingly). The intranet is on eth1, all connections outside
> are masqueraded.
>
> What I want to do is to make requests to port 80 go to ADSL and all other
> things got to FR.

i did something similar once, with a 2.2.X kernel, and it took several
hours to get it done (a more complex setup, unfortionately, which involved
2 linux machines). there is no sane way to debug this - you must be very
persistent, and stare at the code as your only debugging method ;)

> Manual suggest following setup:
>
> ipchains rule along the lines:
> ipchains -A input -s 10.0.0.0/8 80 -i eth1 -m 1
>
> 10.0.0.0/8 and eth1 being the intranet addresses and interface, and then
> iproute setup:
>
> ip ru add fwmark 1 lookup adsl
> ip ro add default via PPP-host dev ppp0

and where is the definition of your 'adsl' routing table? there is no
'adsl routing table' by default. perhaps you forgot to add 'adsl'
somewhere in the 'ip ro add' command? something like:

ip ro add default table adsl via PPP-host dev ppp0

??

> The problem is that the setup doesn't work, and in a very weird way. The
> packet from inside gets out through ppp0, as intended,

ofcourse it does - after all, your default route for the default routing
table is set to go via ppp0 - thus, _All_ your traffic will be going out
via that interface. this, while the incoming data is defined to go
according to routing table 'adsl', which was not defined.

hope this helps,
--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,