hi Josh,
if the script is trying to write or create a file make sure that the
directory is owned by the same user and/or group  that apache is
running.
to see whats the user that apache is using look at
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

if the directory where the script is trying to write a file is
/var/www/html/tmp

do: ls -l /var/www/html/
make sure that it is owned by the user that is running apache, i.e.:

chown apache.apache /var/www/html/
chmod g+w
chmod u+w
or
chown root.apache /var/www/html/
chmod g+w
chmod u+w

yours, Meir.

--

        QOTD:
        I tried buying a goat instead of a lawn tractor; had to return