Quoting Tzafrir Cohen, from the post of Tue, 25 Mar:

> This is basically an attempt to preserve the "information" about the
> existance of a separate frame object, and thus make possible to later
>
> If you still miss something in the size of paintbrush (and with
> compatible load time), there's always xpaint. Though I haven't quite
> figured how to write Hebrew text in it.

I had a map, needed to remove all the labels and add new labels in
Hebrew (a few not horizontal), fix the pixels where the scan is bad, and
draw frames around the legend. saving the labels as separate layers of
the xcf was very helpful, I'm overall very happy with the result and the
choice of tool (even if Gimp's interface was a little annoying to get
things done at times). the only mystery I had to solve was the
Disapearing Rectungle of Bermuda. I don't think Xpaint would have solved
it...

--
Ira Abramov
http://ira.abramov.org/email/