Quoting Ehud Karni, from the post of Wed, 11 Jun:
> I think the best language to teach young persons is Fortran. After a
> VERY SHORT explanation of its principles and an example, a useful
> program can be written.

> 3 principals only:
>    1. Variables and assignment, i.e. a variable name is only a place
>       holder, and I = I + 2 change the value it the `I' place.
>    2. Translation of algorithms to statements (i.e. conditionals and
>       looping).
>    3. Use of (multi dimensioned) arrays.

Python, my friend. You type in psuedocode and it just RUNS. once you're
done with vars and loops and conditions, you learn functions in 5
minutes and objects in 10 (well, I'm not sure, I never taught a total
beginner, but I'm pretty sure)

--
More than meets the eye
Ira Abramov