-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Sternberg
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 9:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: X fonts problem

Hello

>From some reason in some applications (for example Sylpheed,
Evolution) fonts are looking wrong. I.e. after each letter I see a small
black square.

Mandrake 9.1, problem is both in KDE 3.1.2 and in Gnome 2.2.0.

I suspect that the problem lies in my locale setting, so I tried to
start them with LC=C - did not help. Here is output of my locale:
LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_NUMERIC=he_IL.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MONETARY=he_IL.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 LC_PAPER=he_IL.UTF-8 LC_NAME=he_IL.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=he_IL.UTF-8 LC_TELEPHONE=he_IL.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=he_IL.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=he_IL.UTF-8 LC_ALL=

                        Thanks for tips.
                                        Michael.