I have setup keyboard switching to work in my XF86 config file.
(ALT+Shift + turning on scroll lock). My system boots level5 and runs
the KDM user chooser. At this point my keyboard switching works great.

After I log in either to KDE Session or Gnome Session, this option goes
away and I can't do switching using a key sequence. (Setting up kde for
defualt (CTRL+ALT+K) works but it's not perfect since it only changes
from US keymap to hebrew bu not back.

I would really like to know a bit more about the internals of this thing
and why my X settings stop working, also why the kde setting does work
as it should, if anyone has any info....

Thanks

Following is my setup in XF86Config

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard1"
    Driver "Keyboard"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "us,il"
    Option "XkbCompat" "group_led"
    Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
EndSection

Shai