Quoth yasha harari:

> linux (all command-line, no X windows) was running on some boxes at
> Ben Gurion University the year i was there on the Overseas Student
> Program in 1992-93.
>

> On Friday 08 August 2003 21:23, you wrote:
> > Hmmm. I'll have to cross-check with the people who did this
> > with me (e.g. Izar, formerly from Aduva, and maybe Marc was
> > involved too), but as far as I can tell I already installed Linux on
> > a 386 Olivetti as early as mid-1992 at HUJI CS. We had NFS and
> > YP (NIS) and AMD (automounter). No X11 at the beginning.
> > It was one of the 0.99 kernels.

If I am not mistaken, Amos and I installed Minix on my PC at home in '91
and started playing with Linux as soon as I had a 386 (which was in 92,
pretty late in the year, or early '93. IIRC). I remember the Olivetti's
in HUJI, they were quite horrid.

---OFCNL
    This is MY list. This list belongs to ME! I will flame anyone I want.
Official Flamer/Cabal NON-Leader                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]