On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:26:01 +0200, Alexander Maryanovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 17:54 31.08.2003 +0300, Aviram Jenik wrote:
Hi,

We are currently debating on what GUI infrastructure to use for one of our
products, and the main downside of qt seems to be its constraining license.
Can anyone shed more light on this subject? How much does the qt license cost
to develop a non-GPL product that uses qt library?
Does it also apply for tools like kdevelop?
Are there any free (read: completely free, with no "we're-free-but" fine
print) alternatives other than gtk and WxWindows?

Java/Swing? Java/SWT? Not Free, but certainly free.

Alexander (aka Sasha) Maryanovsky.

That might work, I'm a great supporter of Java. Again, it all depends on the
type of application. If it's a local administration tool, that might be a viable
option. A remote administration tool for example would require a little extra.

Other interesting options exist, like HTML and server-side code. User interfaces
such as those found in routers are a prime example.

Aviram, can you provide some more details ?