Hi,

1. About the path - see for you self:
homesrv:~# pwd
/root
homesrv:~# cat .profile
# ~/.profile: executed by Bourne-compatible login shells.

if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
  . ~/.bashrc
fi

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X
11
export PATH

mesg n
homesrv:~#

Notice that root's .profile sets the path not adding to the system path
(/etc/profile) but over-writes it (security reasons).

2. As I said in my previous mail, I burned you the US version of the
installation file. The one which you bought form the site is NON_US. Here
are the file sizes (from mirrors.sunsite.dk):
 debian-30r1-i386-binary-1.iso                    584M
 debian-30r1-i386-binary-1_NONUS.iso    647M

3. Under cdrecord it reports the amount of bytes burned from the total bytes
of the ISO file. If they are qual, and I get no errors - I guess the burning
process is ok. About your burning - I guess the same method will be ok.

4. I guess is worth a thought about sending people the NON_US version.
Thanks for making me check that issue again.

5. Good luck (again) !

Regards,

Lior Kaplan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]