> Can you tell me what makes him (or anyone else) an addicted Microsofti ?
> Is it fear of the unknown ?
> Is it that Microsoft gave them some knowledge that makes them powerful ?
>
> Gabor

1) Last week I finishedworking late, and saw that the security guy had a laptop with
him.
2 sentences later I found out he TRIED to install RH 7.? on it and it stopped during
the
install and jammed his pc. Immediately I told him not to worry, and the next day I
gave
him 3 cd's of MDK 9.1 (couldn't find the RH9 I got from linux.israel.net conference).

He's a student programmer

2) My boss at the law office has one computer with win95 on it. The employer asked me
why she doesn't have internet, and I found out that she had no IE installed (is it
possible?). I grabbed the opportunity and installed Opera 7.2beta (hold the flames,
it's
lighter than firebird, and that's an old machine). She told my boss about it, and the
next
day he asked me if I could install these lightweight browsers that don't take too much
resources, and in the same time it would be best if I unistall IE from them. Told him
that
IE is part of the OS, and that current freeware/free browsers are superior, but have
one
problem: they can't navigate in the Israeli court site (www.court.gov.il).

No law firm can work without it.

Epilogue:
1) I don't know what about the programmer, he was probably re-assigned, but at least I
got to point him to whatsup for help if he needed it.

2) As for my boss, I'll be on the lookout for changes in browsers / the site itself.
BTW, I
contacted Opera about it, and they told me what the problem was in the site. Sent it
the site admins. Got no response.

This is the message I sent:

-- this mail should be addressed to the person in-charge of building/ maintaining the
site
--

Your site had helped me a lot, since it has been for some time now, that i'm working
as

There is one problem, though. Last week i started working in office with the browser i
work at
home: Opera browser. It's fast, it's small, it's easy to use and i like it. But no
matter what
i tried
to do, it couldn't open a page with the links in court.gov.il homepage. In this time
of
despair, i
turned to the Opera development team, which gave me the following response (i've
shortened
it for you):
--
The "window.navigate" function is an incompatible extension to JavaScript -
it is not supported by any other browser than IE and is therefore best

window.navigate('home.html') // IE only

can be replaced with

window.location='home.html'  // All known JavaScript-supporting browsers
--

This is a weird thing to me, since court.gov.il is a government site, that's supposed
serve

If you want more details, you can contact Opera Software at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

And again, you've managed to make a great site, why not let everybody use it?

With Appreciation,
Dotan Mazor

--
Dotan Mazor