In addition to what I wrote you in private, I can add that this issue is bigger than this "virtual" system. A few sites in the TAU internet site will require you to use IE, and I don't like this either. Actually, I think this is rude.
I've contacted my faculty administration, from the Dean to the Webmasters etc' - guess how much of a reply I got?
right - ZERO. Thats rude too.

My word on the issue is that it deserves more comprehense treatment. The "virtual" system is only a part of the issue.

Boaz.

Ez-Aton wrote:

Hi People.
To cut to the bone, parts of a site used by many (and more to be) courses in Haifa University, called Virtual Haifa (virtualnew.haifa.ac.il) does not function under any browser except IE. A similar site, used for content menagement, used in TAU functions flawlessly. I believe that the implementation of the ASP in HaifaU was lacking in so many ways. The JavaScripts themselves might also lack, but only tonight I will check a bit more into it. I sent them an e-mail message, explaining I do not own a Windows, and I don't use Windows on my machines, and asked for some way to reach the documents in question (aka, my homework). The reply I got from the person in charge (in HaifaU) was that it supports only IE, and if I need to use it, I could do it from computer farms in the U itself.

I think it is a not a complicated request, checking their javascript/html implementation, and I believe this answer was meant to "brush off this annoyance".
I don't want, by all means, to start a world war to solve it, but if anyone in this list is a member of the HaifaU staff, or has any word in the issue, any help would be really appreciated in solving this problem.
Any suggestion on the next move will also be very helpful, as I stand rather helpless now, agains this system.

Thanks in advance!
Ez-Aton