Josh Roden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> We're in the process of changing over to Red Hat 9 from Red Hat 7.2.
> So far we have found one problem with Red Hat 9. The problem is that
> Qt runs a lot slower on Red Hat 9. Any advice on the subject would
> be appreciated.

I can only confirm with an empirical observation that KDE on RH9 *can
be* (not necessarily is) terribly slow on pretty decent hardware. The
same hardware runs KDE on RH7.3 fairly well. I don't know what causes
it, but so far I have decided not to upgrade a couple of older boxes.

A 2.4GHz P4 with a GB of RAM shows decent performance... ;-)

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]