This sounds suspiciously like a bug I found lately in LyX and emailed to Dekel
Tsur IIRC. He will be working on it, but was a bit busy lately, so it could
take a few weeks. I would email him your file, so that he can see another
example of the problem. Mine was with Hebrew quotes. You could switch back to
an older version of LyX (1.2.x), but then you'll have to comile from sources.
Otherwise, there is a workaround that I can't quite remember.

Arie

On Thursday 13 November 2003 00:47, Micha Feigin wrote:
> When I try to get the table of contents in latex and there are both
> english and hebrew headers I get the english headers as hebrew letters
> instead of english.
> Same for index entries and if I recall correctly also for bibliography
> items.
> Is it possible to fix this?
> I am currently using lyx for latex but I can enter the code manually if
> there is a way to bypass this.
> In addition to the above, When I try to get an english table of contents
> in a hebrew document I just get errors.
>
> I am using the debian unstable ivritex package, in case I should switch.

It is absurd to seek to give an account of the matter to a man
who cannot himself give an account of anything; for insofar as
he is already like this, such a man is no better than a vegetable.
           -- Book IV of Aristotle's Metaphysics