On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, redbaron wrote:

> I any of you know "expand" device an his way of work
> I'm looking for a solution like the "expand" device gives...
> The "expand" learn patterns of communication and "find" the best way to
> compass them, SSH is a "stupid" compass (he wont learn and wont improve any
> more then the first time I will start the service).
> SSH can't compress binary files so wall as the "expand" (based on experience
> of SCP whit and without compression).

i'm not aware of a _free software_ solution that such adaptive
compression (except for a free software solution that works on the X
protocol only - but that's not what you want - is it?).

there are commercial things that do that on linux, but i guess that's not
what you're looking for.

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,