I don't know how it is with hebrew, will be happy to hear how to set it
up for the ocational hebrew mail I recieve, but in terms of editing mail
with vim, mutt does it, and for using spamassasin and strong filtering
procmail is quite good (again, don't know about the hebrew directories,
if you file system is set up properly this will probably work).
Kmail is quite good on the graphical said and hadles hebrew quite well
and the filters or ok. It also handles hebrew properly.
evolution doesn't do logical hebrew so probably won't fit your bill.