I deleted all traces of my openoffice installation as far as my homedir goes,
and ran setup from the rpm installed version, and lo and behold, everything
is all right now. Hebrew works, German works (including umlauts, i.e. ÃÃÃ,
and regardless of locale setting, which was an issue in 1.1.0-RC3).

Thanks for your tips, guys,

Arie
--
If an important person, out of humility, does not want to rely on [the Law, as
applicable to his case], let him behave as an ascetic. However, permission