On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Dovix wrote:

> Numbering is really not an issue. See, it can always
> start at 3.0 as the first stable version. That
> practice worked quite well with NT ;)
>
> By that time Linux may still be at 2.8, and if for
> some reason Linus will decide to go for the magic
> Number 3.0, Hurd can launch as Hurd 2005 ...

Maybe I did not express myself correctly, but I was only using the
numbering as an indication for stability and maturity. Hurd does not have
a stable release yet, and when it does it will be much less mature than
the current Linux (or even perhaps a Linux kernel version some time back).

And judging by the time the Hurd is progressing in comparison to the time
Linux does, one can assume a similar situation will always prevail.

> btw, did anybody ACTUALLY try The Hurd? There's even
> (or was) a Debian iso for it.

Check:

It's the best I can find now.

Regards,