Hello,

I've been offered an HP laptop for a good price and when I called HP Israel to ask
about Linux support they told me that HP does not support Linux on ANY laptop
of theirs. At least in Israel.

That doesn't quite fit what I see in http://tinyurl.com/26yeb, which lists some
models with full support for RH, Mandrake, Suse and TurboLinux.

So what's the deal? Just forget about supported HP laptops with Linux?
Should I stick to IBM's?

(It's very disappointing not just because of the good price but also because I heard that
HP made 2.5 Billion (10^9) $ last year just frmo Linux sales).

Thanks,

--Amos