Eli Marmor wrote:
Two questions:

1. What version of MS Office have you tried?
Office 2000 Pro
2. I guess that the previous message was a summary of a thread in CX
   mailing list, that was cross-posted to linux-il; is there any link
   (to an archive) or some quatations that you can bring from the
   original discussion?
Not really. I posted a ticket, and got into a 2 way discussion with Dimitry, their support person. No one else was involved. (The Hebrew issue is pretty local!) Jeremy, the cxoffice list moderator wrote me a few times, but the gist of his remarks was to contact some folks here who were working on the bidi thing. I felt (correctly) that the problem was a system issue, rather than a Hebrew thing. There were two known problems: The failure of Office 2000 Pro to complete installation under 2.1 and my thing. Since I actually paid for and USE this stuff, I couldn't be bothered doing more than find a working solution. (You must use the 2.1 upgrade; 2.0 does NOT work under SuSE 9.0 vanilla. Dunno why, and now that I have the 2.1 - I don't really care. I got better things to do than debug commercial software.)

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

DAF

Thanks,