Diego Iastrubni wrote:
Hi all

I am trying to burn using 2.6.x and have got into problems. I removed from my lilo entry the "hdd=scsi", and I mount my cdrw as a normal IDE. So far so good.

I do "lsmod" and i dont see any scsi device. So far so good.

I run "cdrecord -scanbus" and it finds a scsi device, as if my IDE burner was emulated.

I do "lsmod" and I find:
ide_cd                 43652  0
cdrom                  40992  1 ide_cd
sg                     40992  0
scsi_mod              121272  1 sg

My /etc/modules says:
#probe all scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
(note that it's remarked).

No need to say that i canno burn from k3b with this. What am I missing?

My system is Mandrake 9.2, and my linux is 2.6.3 self compiled, some parts of my .config file are:

# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HD_IDE is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
# CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE is not set
# CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDETAPE=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=m

TIA

Hi Diego,
I'm running MandrakeLinux-10.0-Conmmunity, which I installed from the 4 disto Cds. The kernel is 2.6.3-4mdk. I'm using GRUB insted of lilo.
All I had to do to make it work, was to erase:
'hdd=ide-scsi hdc=ide-scsi' from the parameters line,
and put instead:
'ide-cd=/dev/hdd' . K3b is working fine now.

My cdrecord version is: Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a26-dvd

When running 'cdrecord -scanbus' I get:

scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Warning: Using badly designed ATAPI via /dev/hd* interface.
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus1:
     1,0,0   100) 'LG      ' 'DVD-ROM DRD8160B' '1.01' Removable CD-ROM
     1,1,0   101) 'PHILIPS ' 'CDRW5224        ' 'P1.4' Removable CD-ROM
     1,2,0   102) *
     1,3,0   103) *
     1,4,0   104) *
     1,5,0   105) *