On Friday 02 April 2004 17:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The client is OpenBSD3.4 (and that's the command).
> Yes, I DO KNOW, this is a Linux list.

But that's Ok -- *BSD is family :-)

> Now, that's what I get by running "rpcinfo -p" to the
> server ip ("10.0.0.8") and to the client ip ("10.200.1.2"):
>
> mydeb:~# rpcinfo -p 10.0.0.8

Another test that rpcinfo may do is 'probe' the service
by calling procudure 0 (which is a noop in every RPC
based service). Example -- test mountd:

For UDP based service:
   rpcinfo -u 10.0.0.8 100005
And for TCP based service:
  rpcinfo -t 10.0.0.8 100005

This is effectivly a 'loopback' test at the RPC level
(it's like an RPC ping for the specific service).

So if it works, you know that the service does answer your
machine and you have other problems (like guy suggested,
sniffing may give you further hints).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron

Linux: The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion.
          -- Mike Coleman