Hi all,

I've been reading the recent thread on DBs with some interest, since I've been interested for some time in learning how to use a DB. My only previous DB experience was long ago with a DOS-based version of Lotus 1-2-3, with very clunky Hebrew support. I am looking for a database programme suited to my needs.

The DB would be used by English teachers in a Jerusalem High School, to keep detailed ongoing records of students - class, hakbatzot, grades etc. Currently, such records are kept in (Hebrew-enabled) MS Excel files: English interface, all data in Hebrew. OOcalc offers some solutions, but like Excel requires alterations to multiple spreadsheets when any changes are made. A DB with full Hebrew support is an obvious solution. MS Access is *not* an option.

Most of the actual and potential users are native English speakers, MS-centric, with poor Hebrew literacy, with limited computer skills (is this redundant? ;-) ), and with *no* CLI skills.

The requirements therefore are:

1. *Full* Hebrew support
2. GUI, preferably but not essentially in English
3. Ability to import existing MS Excel data
4. Reasonable learning curve for the technically-challenged

Any and all suggestions will be gratefully received.

TIA

--
David Howard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]