I recently switched to ADSL from ISDN.  I am running a RedHat 9 system.
On the recommendation of people on this list I switched from Bezeq Int'l
as my ISP to Actcom.

I have to say that I was less than thrilled with the support at Actcom. I
will give details to anyone interested off list rather then vent on list.

To make a long story short, it turned out that the problem was with the
combination of the Alcatel speedtouch 510 ADSL modem and the version of
the rp-pppoe package that comes with RedHat 9 and was recommended by
Actcom on their support site (version 3.5-2).  The connection would be
dropped every 20-30 seconds.  I had to download the source code and
compile rp-pppoe from source and then the problem went away.  In case
anyone is going to be using that modem in the near future on RedHat 9 you
should know that.

David Suna
David's Consultants R.G.A Ltd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]