Recently, Alan Yaniger of TkOS announced an OpenOffice module that allows
Hebrew spell-checking in any non-Hebrew OpenOffice.

See http://www.openoffice.org.il/ for further details

Since this mode of operation is what I personally like, I sat down and prepared
an RPM for that package. Unlike the TkOS module, my RPM uses the up-to-date
version of hspell, which is 0.8. Sadly, it needs to install a second (!)
uncompressed (!!) set of the dictionary files, even if you already have hspell
installed.

If you too have an English OpenOffice installed, you can already read and write
Hebrew document. But if you are willing to spell-check your Hebrew, you are
welcome to download it from

        http://ivrix.org.il/redhat/fc1/ooo-hspell-0.8-1.i386.rpm

You may even wish to set your up2date to this directory, so that you'd be
informed whenever hspell and friends are updated.

--
Dan Kenigsberg        http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken        ICQ 162180901