On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to create my own initrd for specific custom circumstances. As
> a part of these special circumstances, I wish the "linuxrc" script to
> perform the actual mounting of the new root filesystem. I'm a bit at a
> loss as to how to go about actually doing it, however.
>
> If I specify that "root=/dev/ram0", then linuxrc isn't run at all. If I
> say anything else, it is going to try and mount the new root system
> itself, and fail (as it is already mounted). Does anyone know how to
> disable this "help" I'm receiving from the os here?

  IIRC, when using initrd, the linuxrc script is in charge of mounting the
real root partition, and not the kernel. The identity of the root partition
is passed to linuxrc, and from there it does pivot_root to mount it.

  Alon

--
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
GPG public key at http://8ln.org/pubkey.txt