Quoting ik, from the post of Tue, 17 Aug:
> Please no flame wars...

Then don't raise issues that you know are controversial...

> I want to make a document like a fact sheet on Linux...

Oh great, yet another one. Just copy the others and change the order, no
one will know the difference.

> Anyway again and again read and listen that Linux is not a user frindly and
> then I keep on remembering of the qoute: "Unix is user frienly, it's just
> picky about it's friends", but take a look at this:

just this week we discussed how to have alt-shin be mapped to alt-A, and
the answer was "very simple, just fix the xmodmap". I always freak out
when I'm writing in English in one window and some szlob in an ICQ
window wants me to write him in Hebrew. since the keyboard mapping is
global and nor per-window I always slip up and enter the wrong language
in the wrong window. annoying.

I think that until such small annoyances are resolved in X,
Free-software based desktops have no future in Israel. Hence I focus on
promoting servers for now, and not through Ynet and activist websites,
but through direct sales to my customers.

> So lets make some point of linux and make a disent paper sheet on places
> like Hamakor, Iglu, Whatsup.org etc..

Isn't that what linux.org.il is supposed to be?

> You can add more or ignore this, but don't flame please.

Sorry, but I feel like it's yet another bandwidth-wasting thread that
must be nipped in the bud. If you want to raise such issues, join
Hamakor's PR list. this is not the place, I am tired of this list abuse,
and I bet a few more people are as well.

--
Bad boy of Manga
Ira Abramov