Hi,

I want to manage a special machine's tree with cvs, but when trying to import the tree with cvs import(... ), cvs aborts soon with this message:
cvs [import aborted]: reading dev/eda: No such device or address
:-(

How do I bypass this? I know of the cvsignore facility but AFAIK it can ignore only filenames patterns, not complete directories/directory regexp's. My current solution is keeping the /dev directory out of the tree, moving it back into the tree only when necessary. This works, but it's ugly... .

Anyone knows how to do this nicely?

thanks,
Boaz.