Thanks to Shlomo (who replied to me in private), Shachar and Muli!

The problem was solved by following instructions in:
Guide to Generation and Posting of SSH Keys at
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=761&group_id=1

Note that if your need is for CVS access, use cvs.sf.net as the host
name.

About using ssh-agent:  in Debian Testing, sshd is activated in default
installation, so I needed only to issue the ssh-add command.

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 11:18, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 10:57:09AM +0200, Omer Zak wrote:
> > Recently I became more active in a project in SourceForge.
> > So I need to frequently issue CVS commands.
> >
> > The CVS connections are via ssh (:ext:), so I have to enter a password
> > each time I run a CVS command (including update, commit, status).  This
> > is annoying.
> >
> > Is there a way to have functionality equivalent to CVS :pserver:'s cvs
> > login feature, which stores (encrypted) passwords in a file to save the
> > need to key them each time I do something with CVS?
>
> Not that I know of, but you can use ssh-agent so that you only need to
> input the password once for X session. sourceforge used to have
> instructions on how to do this.
                                           --- Omer

I may be affiliated in any way.