Hi,

I use the following small script to print a PDF from the command line
(requires that Acrobat reader (acroread) is installed).

acroread has a -toPostScript option to create a .ps file without opening
the graphical interface. I believe you can do the same thing with xpdf
using the -ps command line switch.

#!/usr/bin/tcsh
set fn = `perl -e '$_ = $ARGV[0];s/\.pdf$//;print' $1`
acroread -toPostScript $fn.pdf /tmp
lpr /tmp/$fn.ps
rm /tmp/$fn.ps

Jason

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to print a PDF file to printer queue from a command line?
>
>   Best Regards,
>
> Israel Shikler
>
> Softkol Software Services
>
> Phone:  972-3-5348938
> Mobile :972-52-8885100
> Fax  :  972-3-5348967

Jason Friedman
Ph.D. Student
Department of Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel.
Home page: http://www.wisdom.weizmann.ac.il/~jason