Dear List,

I wonder if anyone heard of a similar problem. Somewhere there exist two IBM
desktop machines, model 8189-7cg to be exact, running RedHat 9 (2.4.20 kernel)
and Fedora Core 1 (2.4.22-1.2197 kernel). Once in a not-too-long while, they
start lagging, executing processes very slowly, and then shrieking loudly for
long minutes with their motherboard beep. The only thing that stops this
annoyance is a hard reset.

This never happened when they run Windows (which they do rather seldom, so I am
not completely certain about this point).

Do you have an idea where to look? What could cause this kind of behavior?
(P.S. I know this is a tough request, but please try to refrain of mentioning
the age per se of the kernels.)

--
Dan Kenigsberg        http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken        ICQ 162180901